Van Sports Physio
Top 5 Things to Expect with a Vansportsphysio
Did you know Burrard Physiotherapy, also provides vansports physio services and IMS treatment?
We do! So, let’s take a look at the top 5 Van Sports Physio services we offer here at Burrard Physiotherapy. Firstly,
- IMS treatment: IMS or muscular stimulation is a form of treatment that qualified Van Sports Physio can do to help relieve pain and muscle tension. An acupuncture needle is inserted into a muscle and triggers a release of that muscle when the needle is inserted.
2. Assessment: with a registered physiotherapist you will receive a detailed assessment of your complaint. You will start with your personal story of events discussed by you, followed by a physical assessment which is performed by the physio. This may involve the physiotherapist asking you to perform certain movements or tasks to observe. And at times feel how your joint or tissue is moving/performing.
3. Treatment plans: Based on the findings of your assessments, your physio will develop a treatment plan. This will include hands-on treatment if needed, exercises, and education. You can also determine approximately how many sessions may be needed and the general timeline of how long you will need to attend physiotherapy appointments. You will work with your van sports physio to come up with a treatment plan that works for you.
4. Treatment: Your treatment sessions may include manual therapy, manipulation, soft tissue techniques to muscles, IMS, acupuncture, education and/or corrective exercises.
5. Exercises: The most important part of your physiotherapy session will be the exercises you continue to do at home while away from the clinic. These exercises are how you can continue helping your issues between your follow-up visits.
Finally, if you have any questions that persist, don’t hesitate to book an appointment today and you can discuss them further with your physiotherapist. Physiotherapy is not only a reactive form of care for your body, but it is also a preventative approach for your body.