WCB Treatment

WCB TreatmentWCB Treatment

Injured at work? ¬†We’re here to help.

WorkSafeBC (commonly known as WCB) is the government body that will guide you through any work related injury. If you have been injured at work, you need to report it to your supervisor or HR department and see your Doctor. You can initiate physiotherapy prior to seeing your doctor, but should see your GP as soon as you can. You then need to make a claim with WCB.

Once your claim is accepted, WCB will cover your physiotherapy treatment. The amount of cover you have depends on the type and severity of your injury. Although it may take up to a couple of weeks to have your claim processed, you will be given a claim number immediately and can start treatment.

Your physiotherapist will assess and diagnose your condition. Your assessment will include both a physical assessment as well as functional assessment as it relates to your work. They will discuss with you, your injury, your treatment plan and return to work plan.

Your therapist may ask you to contact your employer to check out any alternate duty options they might offer.
At Burrard Physiotherapy, you can expect both comprehensive assessment and treatment. You will be well educated about your injury so you can take actively participate in your recovery and return to work without fear of re-injury.

Book Now